I believe that healthy eating is essential for everyone! I also believe that people have the right to choice when it comes to the food they eat.
While I myself am not a vegetarian, it is my mission to help girls obtain adequate amounts of macronutrients and micronutrients while being able to fit in within their chosen dietary choices. This is why I have created this Nutrition Healthy Eating and Lifestyle Plan (H.E.L.P) for Vegetarians!
Within this eBook I have made reference to, and based my recommendations on, three of the more common types of vegetarianism. Both myself and the Accredited Practising Dietitians of NPA Pty. Ltd. (Nutrition Professionals Australia) acknowledge that there are certain nutrients that are more difficult to obtain when following a vegetarian diet. For this reason, I have highlighted these and
provided recommendations as to how to meet the required daily intake.
I will begin by saying that being ‘vegetarian’ means different things to different people. It is difficult to define! Because of this, I will highlight that there is not one meal plan or set of recommendations that will fit all individuals who have adopted this lifestyle. For this reason, I have provided you with four example menus to suit those following a pescatarian diet, four example menus to suit those following a lacto-ovo vegetarian diet, and six example menus for those following a vegan diet.
As following a vegetarian diet restricts or removes foods from one or more food groups, it is important that you liaise regularly with your doctor for regular check ups to ensure that you are in good health.
WHAT DOES THIS EBOOK CONTAIN?
This information provided within this Nutrition HELP will cover all of your nutritional requirements and provide you with a foundation of nutritional knowledge. This includes:
• 14 day meal plan, consisting of three meals and two snacks per day
• 2 days to suit pescatarian di- ets that also include eggs and milk
• 2 days to suit pescatarian di- ets that also includes milk only
• 4 days to suit lacto-ovo vege- tarian diets
• 6 days to suit vegan diets
• Full recipes for all dinner meals
• Information about the five foods and serving sizes
• Comprehensive education sec- tion, including information about macronutrients, important micro-nutrients, how to alter the meal
plan to suit common dietary intolerances, and the science behind effective, maintainable weight loss
• Cooking tips and information on food hygiene, cheat meals, alcohol, advice for eating out
• Comprehensive Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section